Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2/20/12- Pot Roast, Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus

I often take home cooked meals for granted because I live so close to home and can have them pretty much whenever. This meal was one of my parents regular dishes they make because it is so easy- throw a roast in the crockpot in the morning and let that bad boy cook all day. Pot roast has a nostalgia for me because my mom has been making it since I have been eating full meals. It is such a perfect family meal because once it is in the crockpot all the work is done accept for the sides. I must say it is nice to go home have a meal waiting for on the dinner, especially because I am usually the one who does the cooking at home because of my newly acquired skills and knowledge. Eat at home as much as you can because nothing is better than a home cooked meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment