Monday, February 13, 2012

2/11/12- Some Crust Oatmeal Raisin Cookie & Raspberry Pinwheel

As more of a savory cook and not much of a dessert guy the sweet stuff has been neglected on my blog so I thought I would stop by one my favorite bakeries of all time, Some Crust Bakery. They were making awesome cookies, cupcakes and cakes way before whole cupcake and red velvet phase came in, 1916 to be exact. My personal favorite is the oatmeal raisin cookie I can't find a better oatmeal raisin cookie anywhere at all, it's simply the best. It's nostalgic for me because I use to walk the Claremont village with my family when I was younger and always get an oatmeal raisin cookie. But that's not all they have, they have so many good pastries I couldn't begin to name them all but the one on the left is a pinwheel (kind of like a danish but so much better). They also do custom cookies and cakes for any occasion, they are just a little bakery that has been doing things right for almost a hundred years. So if you are ever in the Claremont village and find yourself with a sweet tooth, stop by Some Crust get one of their delectable pastries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment