Friday, January 27, 2012

1/27/12- Lemon Pepper Chicken, Ratatouille and Mashed Potatoes


As I learn how to make different things in my professional cooking, my homemade meals improve. My friend Cori showed me how to butcher a chicken so the only thing is to cook with it after it, so we got a Lawry's lemon pepper marinade for the chicken, made a couple side dishes and it was a meal. We made ratatouille in class the other day in class and the best about it is it sounds so fancy but it is just a simple, delicious vegetable side dish. I often cook square meals with a protein, starch and vegetable because that's how my mom taught me to cook and as they say mamma knows best.  I posted two pictures this time in effort to improve my photography and move away from the flat boring pictures I have been taking. Being able to butcher a chicken is a good skill to have especially when whole chickens are cheaper than buying each part separately so here's a quick version How To Butcher a Chicken so if you didn't know now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment