Monday, January 21, 2013

Friends with Benefits

Not the type of friends with benefits you are thinking, I am talking about having a circle people that seem to know everyone and everything. So often people I hear people say its all about who you know, I am now finding that to be true- especially in the hospitality industry that I have chosen to make my career in. Just this past year I have been more involved in my college and I have found all the connections I can make just by being in the right places and talking to the right people. I have landed myself an internship, one of the most enriching and flexible jobs I have ever had, tons of free gifts and much more just for being in the right place. The great thing about being around people that know people is they notice my strengths and the word gets around, next thing I know my skills become in demand. It is great to be in the know and know people and I feel like I am just getting started. Not to toot my own horn but I people have been telling me how successful they think I am going to be. It is great to hear that from people who I have a lot of respect for. It also helps to have friends that have great stuff that they want to share with others.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome update Ryan. So glad to see that things are working out for you and you feel confident that you are on the right path. I expect nothing less, as it's great to be able to follow your journey. Lots of love and support. -Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan I always knew you would be successful in whatever you chose to do. I am so very proud of you (whether that means anything or not) and I wish you nothing but success...which we all know you will achieve. Keep up the good work and I hope to see you again soon...its been too long as it is....keep in touch.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete